Thursday, January 28, 2016

Starting the year off right!


I hit the ground running you could say.

I am attending Barbara Jaenicke's workshop "The Romantic Landscape" at the Dakota Art Center in Mt. Vernon this coming March. I just want to paint like her.

I am taking lessons from a site call "The abundant artist" on how to promote my art and trying to get better at that. Believe me, its a lot of work.

I got nominated to do the 5 day challenge thinking I had to paint something each day for five days. It turns out, it was not required but I did it. These are the small creations:




All available in my etsy shop


I became a member of the Pastel Society of the West Coast and submitted 3 paintings to the Online Member Exhibition. Notice of accepted or rejected work is February 10. I am a bit anxious to know.
By the way Barbara Jaenicke happens to be the juror.

These are my entries:



I am working on my first 18x24 piece. This is very big for me. Out of my confort zone.
Its not going fast however. My job has been super demanding this time of year.




I am also in the middle of planning my wedding with my awesome Matthew to be held in Kauai in May of this year. Buying plane tickets, booking hotels, cars, wedding coordinator, etc.




I finally decided to hire a house cleaning service. I am not superwoman. Sometimes you have to realize you cant do it all :).





No comments:

Post a Comment