Saturday, February 13, 2016

Documenting the process


Through the fields of color - pastel - 9x12 - price $100 Available


This was a quick painting I did today to document my own steps.



Blank "canvas". I was trying a new kind of paper today... did not like but worth to give it a shot.




Started with the drawing and blocking dark areas.




I covered the whole paper by blending all of it.




I start adding the next layer,  defined the path, trees in the back and some foreground grass.




More grass in the background area, and warm green on the trees.




Now I start with some of the flowers. Also made the sky more interesting. I added definition where the trees meet the sky.




Warming up the path so that its more inviting. Also started some white flowers.





Fun part: more flowers and defined grasses in the foreground.





Added some pink to the background trees/mountains, lightened up the background grass area and overall marks to unify the whole painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment