Monday, March 19, 2018

Recovering

I was finally able to have hip surgery to fix a tear in my hip joint. I had had pain for almost 2 years and it took a while to correctly diagnose it and also to get my health insurance to approve the procedure.

Recovering from this is a long process mainly because you have to babysit the hip joint a lot so that it wont re-tear.

This is my third week after surgery and I am now able to sit for a while with almost no pain. I started working on some small landscapes with the objective of making larger paintings from them.  I can't really stand up and move close and far from a bigger painting to get good results. Small pieces (6x8 or so) are easier to handle when you have to sit.

The studies are available at https://www.dailypaintworks.com/artists/alejandra-gos-5082/artwork.

This is one of them:

"Time to head back home" 6x9 pastel.

I am trying to stay positive (time goes by very slowly when you are not having that much fun) and painting once again is helping me on that.

My first workshop this year is with Mike Wise (oils) the last week of April. Need to be able to drive by then. No pressure. I am happy that I was able to get this surgery done with time to heal before plein-air season begins!






No comments:

Post a Comment