Friday, July 22, 2016

Good things happen to those who work hard... it might be true.

Being an artist can be cruel at times. Demotivation, lack of inspiration, not getting what you want: selling more pieces, art shows, galleries, competitions, awards, .... the list goes on.

I was in a low mood about all these when it happened. In a period of a week, I got news and opportunities I had been hoping for in a long time.

I submitted two paintings to the "Beauty of the Northwest" art show at Gallery North in Edmonds, WA for the first time. I got notified that both got accepted in the show. For those of you that dont know, art acceptance to this shows is very hard. Not only quality of work but there are so many submissions that are good, that jurors have to make incredibly difficult decisions to select paintings for the show.

The exhibition runs the whole month of August.


"On the way to Winthrop"- going to Gallery North.

"Skagit River Beach"- going to Gallery North.


I am a finalist in the Artist's Magazine Annual Art Competition. This is the most recognized magazine in the art industry.  I submitted several paintings for the first time and one of them got accepted. 5900 art pieces were submitted and the jurors select 300 as finalists. You can imagine how happy and honored I feel about this. This is big for me!

"Spring is back" - made it to the finalist list.


Christopher Framing and Fine Art in Edmonds will display a selection of my latest work during the famous Edmonds Art Walk in August. The paintings will be available there for a month. This is the second time that I have a solo show. Exciting!

If that was not enough, I will be taking a next level and mentoring workshop with master pastelist Richard McKinley in Mt. Vernon the first week of August. Even though this is a class that requires you to have taken a previous class with him, he let me join it.

I met Richard in Tacoma after he selected one of my paintings "Lavender Dance" to be included in the Northwest Pastel Society International Exhibit. The class will be mainly "plein air". I really hope the weather here in Washington finally changes to summer. I have only painted outside a couple times, imagine me trying to be a pro, with all this props: umbrella, field easel, hat, bug spray, folding table and chair.... keep my palette from rolling to the floor. ....

To top it off, I am looking forward to meeting artist Marla Baggetta at the BAM Art Fair in Bellevue. This fair is huge and very famous. Marla is one of my mentors and also a dearest friend. Cant wait to see her and what she has on her booth!

Marla at the first Bellevue Art Fair where I met her. I have that painting in my house :).







No comments:

Post a Comment