Saturday, January 14, 2017

"Powdery hill" progression

I usually take photos at different stages of a painting but never have the time to come here and post it for those of you that are interested on the process!

The reference photo comes from a close-up crop of one of the many pictures I took up in Gold Creek Pond at Snoqualmie Pass.



Blank board with reference photo and my thumbnail (being a good student here).



Drawing with a grey pastel pencil. Not the best one but can change!



I used hard pastels to define value areas.



Fun part: alcohol applied with a brush letting some drips do their thing.



Some dry pastel application... at some point my tree had way too much snow.



I moved away from the photo and tried to give some character to the lonely fellow.



Finished painting! Available.

No comments:

Post a Comment