Wednesday, March 1, 2017

I am off the hook!

Since I have been going crazy painting for the last two months, I think its a good time to recap what's happened and what's going on with me in the art world.

This year I got a painting juried into the IAPS show. IAPS stands for International Association of Pastel Societies.

This association has a convention every year in different places. This year is Albuquerque, New Mexico. The convention attracts many artists that take classes every day from master pastelists (you know those guys sometimes I go to workshops to learn from).

At the same they hold an exhibition. This all happens in June 3-6. Only one painting is accepted per artist. I had tried to enter this show twice already. This is the third time and I got in with "Across the river" 8x10 pastel done Plein Air in Duvall, WA.

"across the river"




For the last 4 years I have been a member with two pastel societies in the area:

1) The Northwest Pastel Society (NPS) in which I am pretty involved organizing and promoting.
2) The Pastel Society of the West Coast (PSWC) based in California.

These societies run competitions (exhibitions where you have to get juried in) annually for members and others are open to non-members as well.

I got a notice yesterday that I got two paintings selected in the the society 2) above. This is their online show. And its open for viewing here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/ClosedShowThumbs.aspx?OJSID=8698

The two paintings that got in here are:
"A moment to contemplate" this painting is SOLD.




and "A glimmer on the marsh"



This show is one I tried to enter a couple times already. This is the first time they accepted me.

The last pull for me was to paint as much as I could to see if I can get selected in the International Open Northwest Pastel society show. The deadline to submit paintings is March 5th. This show runs at the American Art Company Gallery in Tacoma for a month starting May 7th aprox.

So now, that I am done submitting work and painting like crazy, I can take a deep breath and go back to a more relaxed schedule, including some oil painting.

www.alejandragos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment