Monday, October 8, 2012


Paintings with meanings


Last month or so, a friend of mine asked me to paint a picture he had taken here in Washington state. He was on fishing and on vacation. It's probably the best piece I have so far in my portfolio. Everyone who has complimented me for it is amazed by the colors. Purples - my favorites - right? :-).
My friend truly loves it. I heard him say he looked at the painting and it reminded him of being there... such a privilege to be able to make people feel this way. Thanks for the opportunity!

Sunrise in Methow River, WA.




And then there is another very special friend of mine. Someone who I have known for years now. He has been there for me when I needed him the most. He is born and raised in Seattle. He took this picture very early in the morning of our beautiful skyline. What a great shot! The reflections are so perfect that make it hard to accomplish. It was a fun work to do.

The sun comes out in Seattle

No comments:

Post a Comment